Multisport GPS Watch with Full-color Map Guidance
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch with full-color TOPO U.S. mapping, routable cycling maps and other outdoor navigation features
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features stainless steel bezel, buttons and rear case
- Built-in navigation sensors include GPS and GLONASS capability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone as well as 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows your training status, training load and more
- Connected features² include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect online fitness community and personalizationthrough free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ store
- Battery life: up to 12 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 20 hours in GPS mode or up to 35 hours in UltraTracbattery saver mode
Combining world-class performance with the best features of our fitness and outdoor watches, fnix 5X is the premiere multisport
training companion. Its the first fnix series watch to offer full-color TOPO U.S. mapping for at-a-glance navigation and location
reference so you can beat yesterday, and be sure of getting back. You get advanced features such as Elevate wrist heart rate
technology¹, built-in activity profiles, performance metrics and training status readings that show the fitness-enhancing effects of your
workout. Smart notifications² help you stay in touch on the go. Plus, QuickFit bands let you tailor the look to any lifestyle or activity
no tools required. Go from workplace to workout without breaking stride.
Rugged Endurance, Elegant Style
The fnix 5X multisport watch features a protective PVD-coated stainless steel bezel and buttons and a reinforced housing for extra
durability. Each watch is water-rated to 100 meters and features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track in more
challenging environments than GPS alone. You can count on long battery life in each mode of operation (varies by model, depending on
settings). A bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display with LED backlighting assures great readability in all ambient
conditions from harsh daylight to dim lighting. Transflective technology that reflects and transmits light at the same time enables the
watch face to become even more readable under intense sunlight. Sapphire editions feature a scratch-resistant sapphire lens and are
also Wi-Fi®-enabled so your watch can connect to your wireless network and automatically send activity uploads for sharing on
Wrist-based Heart Rate¹
On your wrist, Elevate wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to
counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of
your fitness activities.
A Full-color Roadmap to Success
Whether youre in the city or on the trail, an array of fnix 5X on-watch mapping and navigation features help keep you oriented and
on-course at a glance.
- Full-color TOPO U.S. mapping that comes preloaded; map data is optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking on yourwrist
- Round-trip Run and Round-trip Ride routing options give runners and cyclists the ability to enter a distance they want to travel andhave the watch suggest appropriate courses
- Easy-to-read guidance cues provide banners on the display that show upcoming turns
- Around Me map mode displays locations nearby in a simplified graphical interface that increases awareness and ease when navigatingin unfamiliar environments
- Data overlays on the map highlight key information so you dont have to switch screens while in an activity
- GroupTrack allows you to keep tabs on your buddies for adventures such as skiing; LiveTrack allows friends to follow your adventuresin real time²
Monitor Your Performance, Training and Recovery
Just how effective is your current training plan? fnix 5X will help you monitor your training and recovery so you can better prepare for
a race or training cycle. Training status is a new performance monitoring tool that automatically evaluates your recent exercise history
and performance indicators to let you know if youre training productively, peaking or overreaching. The new anaerobic training effect
metric opens a window of insight to a critical dimension of training, telling you how your training is improving your ability to push the
limits. You can even view your overall training load, which measures your exercise volume from the last 7 days and compares it to the
optimal range for your fitness and recent training history.
Analyze Your Technique
Were making it easier to get the data you need to improve your form. Let fnix 5X measure crucial running metrics² that you can use
to analyze your performance. Biomechanical measurements such as cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical
oscillation and vertical ratio are the key to understanding your form so you can bring your best on race day. These metrics are
available with the addition of a compatible heart rate strap² or the compact Running Dynamics Pod, which clips right onto your
waistband. Also, take advantage of feature sets to help with cycling and even swim training. In the water, fnix 5X will track your
distance, pace, stroke count and more.
Swim Profiles, Skiing, Paddle Sports, Golf and More
Beyond their running functions, fenix 5 watches also offer special feature sets to help with swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle
sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. For swimmers, the device tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more.
Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your
fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you
yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course youve downloaded from Garmin Connect and also adds
enhancements such as stat tracking (fairways hit, etc.), Green View, AutoShot detection and auto measure.
Navigate the Great Outdoors, Your Way
Each model in the fnix 5 series provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS
plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor
ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3
-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether youre moving or not. In addition, theres an internal gyroscope to help improve
position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac mode as well as a thermometer to help you monitor changing weather conditions.
So Many Ways to Stay Connected
All fnix 5 series models can support smart notifications when paired with a compatible device. Receive emails, texts and alerts right
on your watch whether you’re on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include
automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin
Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile applications.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customize your fnix 5X watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get
apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build partnerships that add even more value to your fnix
multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your
fnix 5X to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
You can also download the free Garmin Face It watch face app to customize your fnix 5X with any photo from your smartphone.
Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watchs face. Whether its
a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch thats uniquely