Introducing the All-New D.N.A. Helix from FJ
– Built for performance; Shaped by experience; Wrapped in innovation –
The latest version of the very successful D.N.A. (DryJoys Next Advancement) franchise launches today with the introduction of the all-new D.N.A. Helix. Featuring a wider platform and a structured, lightweight construction to create power from the ground up, DNA Helix is available on footjoy.com and wherever FJ golf shoes are sold.
Originally launched in 2014, the DNA category has been widely adopted at every level of play, including on the worldwide professional Tours.
Inspired by that heritage of success, DNA Helix was developed from the ground up based on specific feedback from the worlds best players who value the combination of flexibility and comfort but requested more platform stability, particularly in the heel area of the shoe.
Ive worn every version of DNA and this is by far the best for me, said Scott Stallings. The additional support they built in, especially laterally as I move back and through the ball, is fantastic.
The new NitroThin 3.0 TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) outsole foundation in DNA Helix was developed to deliver the additional stability requested by Tour players. In fact, DNA Helix is 38% more stable than its predecessor. This was achieved by increasing the width between the cleat receptacles in the heel by 13% for more surface coverage underfoot. In addition, a new fit-bed was developed with more lateral stability and the integration of a 3D FoamCollar also helps to lock the players foot in place.
The new outsole also features strategically placed cut-outs in the TPU to expose more of the softer midsole which contributes to this outsole being 23% lighter than the previous version as well as being more flexible.
While it was certainly a challenge to improve upon a shoe as successful as D.N.A., the continued dialog we have with our Tour staff revealed there was an opportunity to improve the overall performance of the category, said Keith Duffy, Senior Product Manager, Footwear. But this isnt just an update for us. D.N.A. Helix is a completely new golf shoe built from the ground up to deliver Tour-level performance and lightweight comfort for all players.
In addition to a wider platform, several new performance and comfort enhancements were integrated, including:
– New NitroThin™ 3.0 TPU Outsole that is lighter and wider than our highly-successful DNA shoe for Tour-caliber stability
– New FTF (Fine Tuned Foam) midsole provides a soft ride
– New Xtra-Thick FTF Fitbed® (Fine Tuned Foam) for incredible underfoot comfort
– New TourSpec Stretch™ Tongue for comfort across the top of the foot
– New 3D FoamCollar 2.0 to comfortably lock the foot in place
– Premium Chromoskin™ leather by Pittards® of England
– Low Profile Pulsar® Cleats by SoftSpikes®
– 2 year waterproof warranty