Lee Westwood splits with manager of 24 years Andrew ‘Chubby’ Chandler and International Sports Management
- Andrew Chandler announced he would split with Lee Westwood in July
- Westwood concludes ‘business affairs’ with International Sports Management
- The 44-year-old has been in business with Chandler and ISM for 24 years
- Ahead of the Open Championship he refused to comment on the decision
- The decision comes as Westwood has ‘decided to go down a different path’
By Phil Casey, Press Association Sport Golf Correspondent
Lee Westwood has parted ways with long-term manager Andrew ‘Chubby’ Chandler and International Sports Management.
Chandler confirmed in July that Westwood had ‘decided to go down a different path’ after 24 years together, during which time Westwood reached World No 1 and won more than 40 tournaments worldwide.
A statement on ISM’s website reads: ‘The transfer of Lee’s business affairs to his new management team and the conclusion of all outstanding arrangements between Lee and ISM has now been successfully completed to the satisfaction of both Lee and ISM.
Lee Westwood ends a 24-year partnership with Andrew ‘Chubby’ Chandler
Chandler’s company ‘International Sports Management’ announced the intentions to split
back in July and have now confirmed the ‘conclusion of all outstanding arrangements’