‘It’s been a rough few years:’ Graeme McDowell claims first title since 2015 in Dominican Republic
- Graeme McDowell won the Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship
- He carded five birdies and two bogeys in a closing 69 to finish 18 under par
- The former US Open champion finished one shot ahead of Chris Stroud
- The tournament victory gives McDowell a two-year exemption on the PGA Tour
- The win will lift the Irishman from 257th in the world to inside the top 150
Northern Ireland’s Graeme McDowell claimed his first title since 2015 with victory in the Corales Puntacana Resort and Club Championship in the Dominican Republic.
McDowell carded five birdies and two bogeys in a closing 69 to finish 18 under par, a shot ahead of Canada’s Mackenzie Hughes and American Chris Stroud, who had held a one-shot lead with two holes to play.
However, while Stroud bogeyed the par-three 17th, playing partner McDowell hit a superb tee shot to six feet and converted the birdie putt before both players bogeyed the 18th.
Read more here.