‘Mad scientist’ Bryson DeChambeau will putt with the flagstick IN the hole next year after rule change… but only when it’s made of fibreglass
- A rule change will allow players to leave the pin in the hole at any time from 2019
- Bryson DeChambeau has revealed plans to putt with the flagstick in next year
- But, the ‘Mad Scientist’ says he will have any not made of fibreglass removed
- DeChambeau believes in using science to give himself an advantage on course
- He has played with irons all with the same length shaft and also used a compass
Bryson DeChambeau has added to his reputation as the quirkiest player on the PGA Tour by revealing that he will putt with the flagstick in the hole in 2019.
Under a new rule for next year, players will be able to leave the pin in from anywhere on the course – even when they’re putting on the green.
And DeChambeau, who is known as golf’s ‘Mad Scientist’ due to his physics degree and methodical approach to the game, plans to exploit the new rule when it comes into play.
Read more here.