Webb Simpson Enjoys 4-shot Win At Players
Webb Simpson eases to four-shot victory at Players Championship after producing dominant display over 72 holes at Sawgrass
- Webb Simpson claimed a four-shot victory at the Players Championship
- He will place this flagship title on the PGA Tour next to the 2012 US Open trophy
- Simpson put his approach in the water at the 18th but still won by four strokes
- Only one man came close to landing a glove on Simpson but that was fleeting
- A costly finish meant Tiger Woods slipped out of the competition’s top 10
Only one man came close to landing a glove on Webb Simpson at the Players Championship on Sunday and even that shot from Tiger Woods was the merest of glancing blows.
Leading from halfway is supposed to be a difficult art but it is a measure of how impressive the 32 year old American played over the weekend that Simpson made it look straightforward.
Five in front after 36 holes and seven ahead going into the final round, he could afford to put his approach in the water at the 18th and still win by four strokes following a 73.
Read the entire article here.