An Emotional Bubba Watson Wins WGC-Dell Match Play
Bubba Watson wins WGC-Dell Match Play after dominating fellow American Kevin Kisner on a memorable day for the emotional Floridian
- Bubba Watson beat Kevin Kisner to win WGC-Dell Match Play Championship
- Watson dominated his fellow American and won the final with a 7&6 success
- It was a memorable day in the career of the extraordinary man from Florida
- Naturally, the emotional American Watson started blubbering at the end
- Watson was congratulated by Hollywood actor Matthew McConaughey
Just four golfers had won multiple major championships and more than one WGC event since the latter quartet of elite tournaments were added to the roster in 1999. They just happened to be the four best golfers of the last 20 years.
On a memorable day in the career of the extraordinary Bubba Watson, the man with a unique style of playing won the WGC-Dell Match Play Championship on Sunday to add his name to that select list comprising Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els and Rory McIlroy.
The 39-year-old Floridian beat Justin Thomas in the semi-finals and then destroyed fellow American Kevin Kisner in a final so one-sided it verged on the embarrassing. Watson, who was congratulated by actor Matthew McConaughey on the final green, won the first five holes on his way to an overwhelming 7&6 success.
Read the entire article here.